Calvary Chapel Newcastle (CCN) is an authorised provider of Special Religious Education (SRE) and we count it a privilege to provide SRE to students in public schools. All teachers authorised through CCN have:
- a cleared and verified Working With Children Check (WWCC);
- have been screened and approved CCN Children and Youth Ministry Leadership application, including: personal declaration of faith, checked references, and commitment to CCN Child Protection Policy and Child Protection Code of Conduct;
- completed Children Protection Training, such as Creating Safe Spaces or Safe Churches Courses; and
- completed and ongoing SRE Training modules, as set out by the Inter-Church Commission on Religious Education in Schools (NSW) Inc. (ICCOREIS).
All SRE teachers are provided with:
- an Authorisation Card worn at all times at the school;
- a letter to the school prior to commencement of lessons for the year, identifying the name, date of birth, contact details; and
- a WWCC number of all authorised teachers for cross-authorisation of all SRE teachers working within the school.
The teacher review process will guide the focus for ongoing teacher training and the topics identified will be included in the annual assurance to the department. Annual training sessions provided by CCN on identified topics, such as Child Protection, Mandatory Reporting, teaching strategies, and behaviour management.