We are a COVID-19 Safe Church.
Calvary Chapel Newcastle is a registered COVID Safe church.
We understand that COVID-19 has changed many things, including how we go to and go about church. Despite the challenges we face, Calvary Chapel Newcastle is committed to meeting with one another in person (Hebrews 10:25) while abiding by the regulations and statutes of our state government. We are thankful for the opportunity we have to gather together and for the Lord’s blessing in providing us with a stable government to facilitate our country through this pandemic.
We ask that you join with us in praying for our Church, our nation, and our world through this crisis, that people would see their need for a saviour – now more than ever – and turn to Jesus. May we, in our handling of this pandemic as a church, be a light to that end.
COVID-19 Management Plan
We are abiding by NSW government guidelines, which means we have limited seating and are implementing COVID-safe practices.
For further details, please see Calvary Chapel Newcastle’s COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Prior to attending a church service, you are required to Register Online to ensure there is enough seating, and for contact tracing purposes.
Conditions of Entry
The following conditions of entry apply to all staff, students, volunteers, contractors, congregation members, or the general public.
Prior to entry, you must:
- Scan in at the front door with our QR Code
- Parents must check in/out their children at Kid’s Church before and after the church service rather than bringing them along to the main auditorium
You are not permitted to enter or remain onsite if you:
- Have travelled from overseas or a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days and required to quarantine or isolate
- Have been in close contact with a person who is positive for COVID-19
- Are an active COVID-19 case or awaiting test results
- Have currently, or recently, experienced cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue, or shortness of breath
While in attendance, you will be required to:
- Keep 1.5 metres away from others wherever possible
- Avoid physical greetings, like handshakes or hugs
- Follow all other safety directions given by your oversight or location management
- Avoid the sharing of food, drink, water, and eating implements with others
- Wear a face mask if you are over 12 years of age and required to do so, in accordance with government health directions. We have some spare, but please bring your own
- Refrain from congregational singing while current regulations are in effect
Keep up to date!
Check in with the latest information from trusted sources.
With so many different mediums of communication available today, it can be overwhelming to know ‘who to listen to.’ We have tried to keep it simple for you by putting relevant links to trustworthy information in the same place.
- Click Here for the latest information on current COVID-19 cases and locations
- Click Here for the latest statistics on COVID-19 in NSW
- Click Here for COVID Testing locations in the Newcastle area
- Click Here for the latest COVID-19 regulations for places of worship in NSW
We are actively monitoring the regulations as they relate to Places of Worship. If you have any questions, issues or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact one of our Safe Church Officers:
Our Safe Church Officers will respond to all questions, concerns, reports or complaints in accordance with our Safe Church Framework.